Well after our devastating loss and the equally devastating news of my mother's breast cancer, Ron and I decided to get away for some quality regrouping time in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. We spent 7 days at the Royal Hideaway Playacar. It was the most luxurious vacation I've ever had. Talk about first class service. We were so spoiled! It was an all inclusive resort so we enjoyed endless delicious food and lots of champagne (with a dash of chambourd of course). There is so much to do in this area so we couldn't spend the
entire time lounging around. We visited a popular eco park called Xcarat and visited a beautiful Mayan ruin, Tulum, overlooking the Caribbean coast. I also took Ron on a deep sea fishing trip for his birthday which he celebrated while we were there. I braved rough waters and even a little bit of lightening and luckily didn't get seasick thanks to Dramamine. Ron had a great time and caught a Barracuda and some other fish we couldn't identify due to the language barrier :-)
Here are some photos from our trip:
The hotel lobby...
Our room...

The pool...

The waters before our fishing trip. Looks kind of scary...

Our fearless leader. The water is getting rough...

Ron is fishing! He had a blast...

He caught one! We donated it to the crew...

Can anyone identify these fish?

Cute fisherman...

The birthday celebration. He's 36 (gasp)!

Here are some of Tulum...



Xcarat - Iguanas, butterflies, tropical flowers, waterfalls, parrots... It was beautiful.






This one's for Mom and Lisa, hee hee...

6 comments:
Looks like you guys had lot of fun there! Great to see.
May
Glad you had a good time together. You are in my thoughts daily!
Wow! What a fantastic looking vacation! You two really deserved this get away. I love seeing you enjoying yourselves like this.
What a beautiful looking place. What a great time you must have had. You both deserve it. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend. We'll sway travel stories.
Love,
Dad
What a beautiful looking place. What a great time you must have had. You both deserve it. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend. We'll swap travel stories.
Love,
Dad
Mexico looks amazing! The water is so beautifully blue. Looks like Ron had a perfect birthday. And Amy...I love the photo of you in your bathingsuit. You look as good as ever.
Post a Comment