My Dad asked me to post this to the blog. This is the beautiful speech he made at my mom's memorial:
When Kathy and I were married 35 years ago, we memorized our vows and said them to each other at the alter. I would like to repeat these vows today in front of you and the Lord:
I Michael Pearson do take you Kathy to be my lawful wedded wife. I promise to love and cherish you through sickness and health, for better or for worse, as long as I shall live.
I want to thank the Lord for giving us 35 wonderful years together! I wish with all my heart we could have so many more!
I don’t understand why the Lord called her to heaven, and my heart is broken because I miss her so much, there are no words to describe how I feel without Kathy by my side. She was my rock, she was my best friend, we had a bond with each other, we were soul mates. How privileged I feel to have had such a kind, wonderful person as Kathy as my wife.
Not only was Kathy a wonderful wife, but she was also a wonderful mother to all 5 of her children. She loved all of them with all her heart! Her family was what her life was about!!
Now in front of God, family and friends, I would like to make another vow to Kathy, as I know she is listening and watching from heaven:
My darling, I promise to love you and to cherish our memories we had together over all our years. You will be forever in my mind. You will always be my wife! I promise to you Kathy to be the rock, the glue, that binds all of the family together. I know that you are with Jesus in heaven, with all of our departed loved ones, you’re not sick, you’re happy! You will be my and our family’s guardian angel each day, each minute! We will all someday be together again in heaven, with the Lord by our side. All it takes is to know in our hearts and say to our Lord, that Jesus died so all our sins will be forgiven. Jesus is the way of our salvation and we will have eternal life together forever and ever.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow. That brought me to tears. What a beautiful family you have.
That was one of the most moving speeches I've ever heard. Your dad is a special man. I'll never forget it.
Amy, Honey, your Mom and Dad had something incredibly special. Great love for eternity. I feel privileged
to have known them both and blessed to have you in our family.
My heart and prayers continue to go out to your Dad.
Your parents did have something special! They were very blessed! Some people never have that! What a wonderful speech and reflection of your mom.
Amy, that was beautiful! Thank you for sharing it!
Amy, that was beautiful! Thank you for sharing it!
Amy, that was beautiful! Thank you for sharing it!
Post a Comment