We arrived at the hospital at midnight Monday February 25th. The babies were born Thursday night - February 28th. Alice came first at 8:16pm and Anthony came three minutes later. The babies were born by c-section. I tried for four days to have them vaginally but my labor just would not progress. I had a wonderful doctor (who also happened to be 30 something weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins) who made herself available to me the entire time in order to ensure that I was able to do all that I could to follow my birth plan. By Thursday evening though we all agreed that my distended uterus was not going to take any more and it was too dangerous to keep going the way we were. I was very happy to meet the babies and I know their grandma Pearson was with them the entire time making sure that they and their mom were safe.
Happy birthday Alice and Anthony!


3 comments:
Oh my God; thank you so much: I love you---mom
Oh..four days of trying! My goodness! I'm sure it's all paid off now to see those beautiful faces!
You are a tough cookie! The most importaant thing of course is that you had two big and beautiful babies. It is really not important how they arrive, just that they arrived safely!
Post a Comment