Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day this year, I spent the day with my dad, brother and sister-in-law and of course Ron and the babies. We met my dad for church (the same scenic place where my mother had her memorial). After the service, we all put flowers on my mom's grave. Then we headed to breakfast and after breakfast, went to see my dad's new (gasp) motorcycle. Yes it is a new hobby of his and, although it makes me a little nervous, I am so proud of him for trying something new. He already took a course on motorcycles and is working on his license in his free time. Pretty cool.




6 comments:

Connie said...

Wow! Your dad got a motorcycle? Cool. He looks great on it! And you, of course, look beautiful with your two favorite accessories on Mother's Day. Love those cute little faces!

Candi said...

Hee hee...look at him on that motorcycle! That is awesome! Happy Mother's day to you, as well.

Dadio said...

I thought of you often on Mother's Day, knowing that you are truly celebrating as a new mom but also thinking strongly of your mom. What mixed feelings.

It's cool that Mike has a new hobby. Sounds like he's going about it in the right way. Miss you.

Love,
Dad

Patty said...

Ditto what dadio said. I am sure it was bittersweet. Check out my blog if you get a chance. I too missed my Mom and went to Montana de Oro with some roses for her and for Angela's birthday!

Diane said...

Good for Mike!!! What a trooper! You must be quite proud of him. Oh how I am dying to see those little darlings. It won't be too long now.

Momma Heidi said...

You are GLOWING as a new Mama!
I promise to get over there to see you soon. I have this whole mama thing to figure out too!
I have been keeping up with you and Ron via the "A" blog...keep it coming!