I was feeling a bit too weak and stuffed up to play tennis this day so we decided we would do some exploring by car later in the day after taking it slow in the morning. We took it slower than we planned because we didn’t end up getting in the car until around 4pm. We decided to drive to the opposite side of the island to see Waimai Canyon which is known as the “Grand Canyon of Hawaii.” I think because the island is so easy to get around, we overestimated the time we had to get to the canyon. About half way there we realized that the sun was setting and we still had a ways to go. It ended up being a race against time but we finally made it to the canyon just in time to see it before the sun set. This was fortunately a very beautiful time to see the canyon as the light was reflecting over it in a way that made it even more spectacular. It definitely was the grand canyon of Hawaii. I completely underestimated how magnificent it would be! Pictures do not do justice to just how huge it is!



We got home late in the evening and ordered room service and champagne. I think we even watched a movie and stayed awake for the whole thing!
4 comments:
Hi Amy,
Looks like a beautiful spot. Glad to see the pictures of the trip.
Love,
Dad
Gosh, Amy, you look so serious and gorgeous at the same time. What a unusual and outstanding spot here! I bet you are happy that you made it for the sunset.
Aloha, Amy. Great posts! Love the ones of the surf. Those waves look pretty damn big! Looks like you had an awsome time. I'd love to go to Hawaii someday and sample some of that juicy surf and those exotic cocktails!
Post a Comment