Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I'm Spoiled!

Life’s tough. I spent the morning at the spa. Ron was supposed to go golfing but was having some back pain and opted against it at the last minute. After my lovely spa experience, we went to visit the national tropical botanical gardens and learned about plants native and those introduced later to Kawai. Did you know that 20% of all medicine comes from plants but only a fraction of the world’s plants have been researched for their medicinal applications? They do this sort of research at the Allerton gardens. We got to see some pretty interesting sights here.

We ate dinner at a restaurant on the way home. I think it was called the plantations gardens restaurant. I had ahi again, yum. The food was one of the best parts of the trip. You really have to love seafood though, and tropical fruit.

Here are some pictures from the botanical gardens:









2 comments:

Diane said...

I can only imagine how much you loved all the flora and fauna. Great photos!

Dadio said...

Looks like a great garden. Very unusual looking flora. Too bad Ron missed the golf experience.