Ron and I, as usual, waited until the last minute to make lodging arrangements for the weekend. We wanted to stay at Sunriver Lodge, a few miles outside of Bend. We called to see if they had any rooms. No luck. They did have some guest homes about a ten minute drive from the resort that would cost the same price as a guest room. So we decided to try the guest home route.
When we got to the lodge Friday night to check in, it was already very dark. The receptionist pulled out a very detailed map to show us how to get to our guest house. I was a little nervous when we got back to the car... we were out in the mountains and all you could really see were trees. Ron, on the other hand, was confident. He told me not to worry - he does this kind of thing for a living and could find the house, no problem. To make matters more of a concern (for me), there were all these roundabouts on the way to our guest house. Go past roundabout 1 to roundabout 11 and turn right on blah blah street to the next roundabout.
Ron pulled up to the house and I felt relieved that he found it without incident (he did pull into the wrong driveway at first but the guy in the window didn't seem to notice). We unloaded a bunch of bags and carried them to the front door. I thought it seemed strange that the front door light was not on. I took out my key and tried to unlock the door. No luck, it didn't seem to fit. I kept jiggling it trying to get it to work. After a few minutes of loudly jiggling, Ron took out the other key and fiddled some more. We couldn't see the key hole very well so Ron went back to the car to put his brights on so we could see. I stopped jiggling to take a peek in the window, the house was dark except for a light that appeared to be on in one of the bedrooms. This is when I realized... This was not our guest house! Oh gosh, what if someone is inside scared out of there minds minutes away from calling the sunriver police? We booked it out of there and I raised my eyebrow at Mr. Confident!
We did eventually find our guest house. Very nice! Way more space then we could have ever needed but what a deal! We even had our own hot tub. I should have taken pictures of the inside.
Saturday morning, we woke up at our leisure, had breakfast and decided to play tennis. I was very into a little friendly competition between me and my husband. Ever since I taught him how to play 13 years ago, he beets me 9 times out of 10. I was feeling confident since I had been warming up all week with Rick and Steve. We started hitting and my forehands and backhands were feeling good. I took a step in to reach for a particularly challenging backhand and OUCH! I felt a shot of pain run through the right side of my body and settle into my gluteaus maximus. This caused me to yelp. Ron seemed concerned but I did a bit of jogging in place and decided that I could continue. Things were fine for the next 10 minutes until the next time I had to reach for a backhand. By this time I knew it was no use, I would not be playing tennis for a few days. We decided to hit the pool instead. I finished my book which I totally recommend (Thanks Mom) and we got some sun before the wedding.
Here are some shots at the wedding and a bonus shot of Ron in the hot tub.



BTW - It was so nice coming home to my blog to find 5 comments from family and friends. Each time someone posts a comment it feels like I'm getting a hug.
2 comments:
It sure sounds like you were right near where Dad and I stay whenever we go to Sunriver. We are usually close to loop 10, I believe. We went to the same place at least five years before I could find my way properly even in the light. Nice area though, isn't it?
You look so happy with your friends (and beautiful, too).
Gorgeous girls (and the dude in the hot tub is pretty cute, too). I love Sunriver! I have so many great memories from there!
Post a Comment