I worked in Ron's office the week of the 15th. A crazy crazy week. Jeff was still out of town and the fax and printer were on the fritz. I got really behind... It's funny, I don't get too stressed dealing with demanding lenders (although they were particularly high maintenance that week) - but it's the technology problems that really drive me nuts.
On the brighter side, Lisa came to town the 17th for the Coldplay concert.
Ron took the evening off and we drove out to the Clark county fairgrounds for the show.

Rick and May got back from Mexico Thursday night. May's mom and dad, Lynn and Steve, flew in from England a few hours before they got back so Lisa and I went to pick them up. Ron, Lisa and I went to dinner at Esparza's (tex mex) after Lisa and I took Lynn and Steve to their hotel.
It's been awhile since I've eaten at Esparza's. It's very good but there is not much I can eat on the menu. I'm trying to stick with very very nutritious foods so that my body can be in balance for ideal fertility... Sometimes it is impossible to do though and sometimes I get a little self conscious about it because I don't want people to think I'm a weirdo :-) Anyway one has to enjoy a little cheese and red meat and wine once in awhile right?
Moving on with the recap... Friday night we all got together for dinner at Rick and May's. Lots of forbidden food there but I indulged anyway. May and Lynn are the ultimate entertainers so how could I refuse?

Saturday was fun. I got to spend a lot of quality time with the little sis. I made Lisa get up at the ungodly (for her) hour of 8am so that we could make it for a mani/pedi downtown at 8:45. Then we went to breakfast over in NW 23rd.
After that we did some shopping. Lisa helped me pick out a lovely dress for the wedding that evening. The saleswoman asked me: "Why did you wait until the last minute to find a dress?!" Lisa says, "That's just how she is." Oh well, as Lisa says, I always manage to get things handled... Ron and I took off for the wedding that evening. Lisa's friend Amberly flew in to PDX and Lisa went to pick her up and show her the sights. They went to SE Hawthorne and Montage, the perfect place for late night dining. I got to meet Amberly after the wedding. I was still terribly behind at work so Sunday morning I went in to get caught up before Rick got in on Monday morning. I worked all the way up to 2:30 and then went to my Sister Alisa's condo for a bday gathering for my niece Holly who flew in from the east coast.


This brings me to this week. I spent a lot of time working on the remodel. Calling subs, interviewing subs, bugging subs to send bids. Yesterday I went down to the city to pull permits for our project. Amazingly I was in and out of there pretty quickly and I was granted a general permit the same day! I think we will be ready to get started very soon. Exciting!
I got to play tennis nearly everyday this week thanks to Rick and Steve. I met them at grant park and we played round robin singles and doubles. It has been really fun to play tennis again! The only problem is that I'm really out of shape. Those two can play for hours in the 90 degree heat without a sip of water! Yesterday I had to stop in the middle of a highly competitive doubles match (me and Rick against Steve and Rick's friend Gabe). I honestly felt nauseous from the heat. Oh well, all the yoga is good but it doesn't get you in the best cardio shape.
Ron and I are taking off this afternoon for another wedding, this time over in eastern Oregon (Bend). We're going to try and get some r & r, play more tennis and maybe do some mountain biking. I'm going to get to hang with my good friends Molly and Sue which is always fun.
I have next week off as well so I'm going to have more time to work on the remodel and do some more relaxing. Mom loaned me a great book, The Secret Life of Bees, which I've finally gotten around to reading.
Until Monday!
4 comments:
It is so nice to hear from you again. I always check everyday.I think about you often and hope all is well. And I don't think anyone thinks you are a weirdo and if that do then it should not matter anyhow. You keep doing what ever it takes to keep going!
Wonderful recap! You could never be a weirdo. Loved all the pictures. Your Dad and Aaron look great. Thanks for checking in again. So fun to see all the fun you and Lisa had. She sure did enjoy her visit.
Y'know, if you're gonna mention Gabe I really think there should be a photo. Just my two cents :)
It's nice to see what you and Ron have been up to. The photos are really nice...keep them coming. Sounds like you've been busy but also had some time for some fun. Hope the weekend in Bend is a good one for you both.
Love to you
Post a Comment