These things will have to wait until tomorrow. I spent a stormy day with my friend Lindsey instead. Here is how it looked while stopped at a red light on the way to her house, ominous:

Lindsey and I met a few years ago. She called me out of the blue to have coffee one day after she saw my name in a pamphlet for some training I was doing. It turned out that we lived in the same neighborhood, she was on the other side of the alley about 4 houses down. Lindsey knows everyone in the neighborhood and possibly the city. It is not out of the ordinary to attend fundraising events at her house for local politicians, African artisans or up and coming photographers. If you have ever read The Tipping Point, she is what Malcolm Gladwell would call the archetypical "connector." I think of her as the more extroverted version of myself. We have a lot in common you see. Her birthday is March 23rd, 1963 (or is it 21st?) and mine is March 22nd, 1973. She and I share the same Meyers Briggs type except for the last letter, she is a perceiver which makes her more creative and I am a judger which makes me more linear. We are both in love with our animals, she has one dog, Chartley, a cat and I can't count how many chickens and I have 2 cats for now. We also love to garden. But most importantly, we always seem to be on the same wavelength in a strange, cosmic sort of way. It's kind of nice. I was reminded of this today when we sitting down to lunch at our usual spot and she said, "you know, I think I'd really like to try farming..." and without pause I looked up with a pensive look and said "yeah, I would totally like to do some farming." Then I heard myself and laughed because we are just so weird. At any rate, she is just one of those friends who I really treasure.
This is Chartley who has finally recovered from her second hip surgery:

Lindsey and her garden:
3 comments:
I am glad you spent a nice stormy afternoon. Lindsey's house reminds me a bit of the Ladd house. Sweet dog!
Lindsey's garden is unreal...beautiful. What a special friend it sounds like you have.
Sounds like you're having a great summer. Re. farming, why don't you and Lindsey check out WWoofing? A friend did it in Japan and loved it. Link below.
http://www.wwoofusa.org/
Post a Comment